Master of Counselling Psychology (LaTrobe University)
Bachelor of Arts with Honours (Monash University)
Additional training in Indigenous cultural awareness and strategies for managing abuse-related trauma
Roshini uses a person-centred approach in working with all clients and strives to create an accepting, warm and non-judgemental space for clients to safely explore their concerns.
Roshini believes in a collaborative approach where both therapist and client work together to create lasting change, deeper clarity and insight, and a greater sense of wellbeing. She believes in the value of a strong working relationship with her clients and will seek your feedback constantly as to what is working for you, what isn’t, and how she can best support you.
Roshini is interested in a range of therapy modalities – including acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), motivational interviewing (MI), positive psychology techniques, dialectical behaviour therapy (DBT), art and play therapy techniques, and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) – and selects interventions which align with your values, and what you feel comfortable with.
Roshini is experienced in working with young adults and adolescents and is particularly interested in working with any clients who are experiencing relationship difficulties, struggling with unwanted behaviours, or trying to introduce positive habits into their lives.
- Relationship difficulties (eg: couples, parents and children, family relationships, friendships, bullying/coercive relationships)
- Work and study-related stress
- Goal setting and goal achievement
- Dependency and minor addictions (eg: emotional eating, smoking, Internet addiction)
- Motivation and difficulties in implementing positive behaviours
- Procrastination and productivity
- Working through trauma (particularly relationship-based trauma)
Roshini is available at the Kew Junction office on Saturdays.
Please call reception on 1300224665 to book an appointment with Roshini.