Melissa has experience working with children, adolescents and parents in both educational and clinical settings. She is skilled in working with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), learning difficulties, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), anxiety, depression, behavioural difficulties, social difficulties, relationship issues, exam/assessment related stress and family conflict.
Melissa believes in a person-centred approach to counselling, aiming to provide a warm, non-judgemental and safe space for clients to work through their concerns. She understands the importance of a strong working relationship, believing that working collaboratively leads to greater well-being, long-lasting change and positive outcomes.
Melissa has an interest in a range of theoretical approaches to counselling including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Mindfulness. She will tailor her intervention to ensure it aligns to the individual’s needs, strengths and values.
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Monash University)
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Deakin University)
- Masters of Psychology (Educational and Developmental) (Australian Catholic University)
- Social difficulties in childhood and adolescence
- Relationship difficulties (peers, family or bullying)
- Difficulties in emotional regulation in children
- Anxiety issues, particularly in childhood and adolescence
- Study/work related stress
- Developmental issues including ASD and ADHD
Melissa is available at the Wheelers Hill office on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Please call reception on 1300224665 to book an appointment with Melissa.
Our online self-service booking system is undergoing a major overhaul, and will be unavailable until the end of May 2017. Until then, our friendly reception team is happy to take your call and book your appointments for you. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.