BSocSci (Psychology) BPsych (Honours) Provisional Psychologist
James is a provisionally registered psychologist with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration Agency (AHPRA). He is currently completing his final year of the Master of Psychology (Clinical Psychology) program at the Cairnmillar Institute. James has experience working with a wide range of children, adolescents and adults in community and public mental health settings.
James is passionate about delivering psychological therapy in a tailored and client-centred manner. James strives to create an accepting and compassionate environment for all clients he works with, striving to assist them to be accepting and compassionate towards themselves.
James has a particular interest in:
- Anxiety and worry
- Stress-management & self-care
- Relationship difficulties
- Social anxiety
- Sexuality and gender identity difficulties
- Mental health for those with disabilities and chronic health difficulties
- Situational difficulties
James aims to work flexibly with individuals, utilising a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches to suit the client’s unique needs, including:
- Acceptance and Commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution-focused Brief Therapy
- Mindfulness strategies
James is available at our Reservoir offices.
Please call reception on 1300224665 to book an appointment with James.