Gulzabeen Mohammed is a registered Psychologist with over a decade of clinical experience. She aims to establish a warm, safe, and genuine therapeutic relationship at the onset of therapy. Gulzabeen has completed a Bachelor of Psychology, Bachelor of Education, a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology and a Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapy. She is registered with AHPRA, Medicare and is a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS).
Gulzabeen is bilingual and is able to speak Urdu and Hindi as well as English. She maintains an interest in a number of areas of psychology and counselling and is trained in:
- Mood problems such as anxiety, depression and anger management;
- Working with children and their parents to address a variety of developmental and behavioural concerns;
- Relationships and marriage counselling as well as post separation support and co-parenting arrangements;
- Assessments and report writing for many areas including IQ and capacity assessments;
- Problems after trauma and/or abuse
- Grief, loss and adjustment
Gulzabeen adopts a tailored approach to therapy focused upon understanding the unique treatment needs of each client. She values regular client collaboration and feedback, and always endeavours to align therapy to client preferences. Gulzabeen aims to assist people to better understand their distress and to foster more helpful and compassionate interpretations of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviour. She is change-focused, and will work to both support and challenge clients to meet their own personal goals for therapy.
Gulzabeen’s clients say that she is warm, friendly and patient, and that they find new ideas, insights and/or skills each session that they attend. She is trained in a wide variety of therapeutic approaches and he works together with his clients to agree on the best approach to meet their goals, and then guides them through the process.
Please call reception on 1300224665 to book an appointment with Gulzabeen.