Deborah is a Registered Psychologist who studied psychology at Deakin University and Community Psychology at Victoria University. Deborah has previously worked as an Accountant and Business Systems Analyst.
Deborah’s practice embraces community psychology values;
• Respect for cultural and human diversity
• Facilitating individual, family and community empowerment and participation
• Contextual and situated analysis that explores any sociocultural and ecological factors that contribute to psychosocial stress, distress and trauma.
Deborah has experience providing the following psychological therapies and techniques to support individual and group mental health and well-being;
• Cognitive and behavioural therapies (CBT) and transdiagnostic CBT therapies, that includes third wave CBT therapy techniques (acceptance, mindfulness, compassion).
• Techniques from interpersonal therapy, narrative therapy, solutions focused therapy, strengths based therapy, trauma-informed therapy, and motivational interviewing.
Deborah has experience supporting clients including;
• Supporting parents/carers of children and adolescents experiencing school attendance difficulties
• Assisting the mental health and well being of parents and carers
• Those experiencing anxiety symptoms and/or disorders and depression symptoms and/or major depressive disorder, and co-occurring anxiety and mood disorders
• Clients with disabilities, including neurodevelopmental disabilities and psychosocial disabilities
Master of Applied Psychology (Community Psychology). Victoria University. Melbourne
Graduate Diploma of Psychology – Advanced. Deakin University, Melbourne
Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) with minor in Disability Studies. Deakin University, Melbourne
Graduate Diploma of Computing (Programming and Systems Analysis). Monash University, Melbourne
Bachelor Commerce (Accounting). La Trobe University, Melbourne
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Member of Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
Member of The APS College of Community Psychology
Member of Australian Association of Psychologists Inc (AAPi)
Deborah is currently not working with clients under the age of 18 years.
Deborah is available at the Reservoir office.
Please call reception on 1300224665 to book an appointment with Deborah.